Buying a Home
Buying a new home is a serious venture that is an investment in the dwelling, the area and your future! You are bound to have many questions and we can help! For example, “In what area can I find a home that best meets my needs"?
Before You Start Looking for Your New Home, here are some Helpful Hints:
- Check your credit rating. Clean up any issues before it’s too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best suits your lifestyle.
- Identify important features you need for your new home.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for title search, insurance, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.